Chemical Process Engineer
Circuit board fabricator, Firan Technology Group (FTG), is seeking a candidate to fulfill the position of Chemical Process Engineer at their facility located in Fredericksburg, VA.
Scope: Responsible for implementation and maintenance of chemical processes used to manufacture printed circuit boards.
- Research availability of chemical processes
- Write plan for process implementation
- Implement process and perform failure mode analysis to establish correct operating conditions
- Write all necessary procedures and instructions for process operation, maintenance and safety
- Monitor process operation on a daily basis to ensure consistency
- Perform failure and root cause analysis when product/process problems occur
- Perform chemical analyses on processes when required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English necessary to perform the job
- Knowledge and application of statistical techniques for process control
- Knowledge and application of failure mode effect analysis techniques as applied to process improvement and process development
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Will be exposed to hazardous waste while performing daily job duties
- Will undergo chemical handling training prior to start and will actively participate in ongoing hazardous waste and chemical handling training
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering or equivalent
- Must have general knowledge of methods used to train people in the operation and theory of the processes they operate
Salary negotiable and dependent on experience. Full benefits package.